- 9:30 a.m.
- Second Saturday of each month
The Park Forest Veterans Commission aims to study all matters impacting the quality of life for area veterans in the hopes of again making Park Forest a community of first choice for servicemen and women. Additionally, the Commission will report findings, make recommendations to elected officials, and assist in the coordination of veterans programming. The Veterans Commission will consist of the following:
- Nine members of the community will make-up the commission.
- Appointees will be representative of veterans serving as far back as World War II up to present-day conflicts.
- Appointments will be in staggered three-year terms. Original appointments to the Veterans Commission will include three appointments to one-year terms, three appointments to two-year terms, and three appointments to three-year terms.
- A chairperson and vice chairperson shall be appointed annually.