The Park Forest Fire Department has established guidelines and requirements for the Installation, Maintenance and Testing of fire alarm systems in the Village of Park Forest. These guidelines have been established to assist the Alarm Installer, Maintenance, and Testing Company as to what is required when installing/working on fire alarm systems in the Village of Park Forest. Please note, that Fire Alarm Installer shall be registered with the State of Illinois pursuant to the Illinois Private Detective, Private Alarm and Private Security Act of 1083 and should provide a copy of this license to the Building Department before any work is to be started.
The Park Forest Fire Department currently performs all final inspections and acceptance/performance testing for all fire alarm installations. The Park Forest Fire Department will not issue any Occupancy Permits until the fire alarm system has been approved.
Any questions regarding fire alarm systems should be brought to the attention of the Park Forest Fire Department, Fire Prevention Bureau at 708-748-5605.
The Village of Park Forest has adopted the following Codes:
* International Building Code – 2018 Edition. (with local amendments)
* International Fire Code – 2018 Edition. (with local amendments)
NOTE: The alarm installer/contractor will be required to comply with all other applicable NFPA standards, codes and local ordinances that apply to fire alarm systems.
Methods of Monitoring Fire Alarm Systems
1. The status of all fire alarm systems shall be monitored continuously and the Park Forest
Fire Department shall approve this method.
2. The Village of Park Forest has an alarm board at the SouthCom 911 Dispatch Center.
3. Alarm system may be monitored by a third party UL listed alarm center.