In the spring of 2020, in response to the coronavirus, Park Forest board members unanimously voted to freeze water rates in effort to assist residents who may be experiencing financial difficulty. Board members also laid groundwork for the establishment of a special fund to aid residents who may have fallen behind on their Park Forest utility bill. In July of 2020, the Park Forest Community Cares Fund was officially launched.
About the Park Forest Community Cares Fund
The Park Forest Community Cares Fund is a partnership between the Village of Park Forest and Respond Now. Through the program, Park Forest residents experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus may be eligible for a one time credit to their Park Forest utility bill account.
To qualify for assistance, an applicant must:
• Be a Park Forest resident who is head of household
• Be able to show proof of financial hardship
• Contact Respond Now at 708-755-4357
• If qualified, complete the application provided by Respond Now
• Once approved, Respond Now will work with the Village of Park Forest on crediting your account
How to Donate
Park Forest residents interested in donating to the Park Forest Community Cares Fund may make a contribution by clicking on the below link and selecting PF Community Cares found under Payment Type.